My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, please visit http://www.cuddlesandcrumbs.com and update your bookmarks.

Pages

Jun 7, 2011

Emirati Recipe: Lamb Makhtoum



Ginger over at gingerAndscotch started a cooking local project you can read more about it here. A fabulous idea right! What better way to appreciate the culture where we live if we don’t at least try their dish. If I can’t speak Arabic might as well learn to cook local dish.

Even before being part of FIA I have been reading Emiratican Kitchen and have bookmarked her recipe for Chicken Makhtoum. She noted on her post that lamb would be a delicious substitute to chicken.

When I told C that we’re having a local dish for dinner he immediately inquired if I prepared an emergency backup meal in case they won’t like it. Nope I don’t have any backup and they can order take out. I already know that Little V liked the lamb dish because he was beside me all the time tasting and checking if it’s yummy or not. He liked it so much that asked for rice and sauce for snack.

Recipe Source:

Emirati Recipe: Lamb Makhtoum

1 kilo Lamb
2 Tomatoes, chopped
1 tbsp Canola Oil
1 medium size Onion
1 cup Yogurt
1 tsp Salt
2 tbsp Tomato Paste
1 tbsp Arabic Spice mix
1 cup frozen Garden Peas



In your blender mix tomatoes, onion, yogurt, tomato paste, salt, Arabic spice mix and blend 
till you get a smooth texture. Meanwhile heat oil in a large pan and saute lamb meat till brown. Add yogurt mix over medium heat for 10 minutes. Mix frozen peas and cook for an hour over low heat till meat is soft.

We enjoyed Lamb Makhtoum with Vegetable Rice Pilaf and Pappadam

21 comments:

  1. I'm loving the new look of your blog Abigail! congrats on the makeover and new domain name!

    Lovely to see a local dish being featured on your blog, and glad to see it turned out successful. I should really start trying some too - after all these years in Dubai!

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] For my version, I used chicken breast to keep it a bit healthier, and I have even found a fellow blogger that used lamb – so it looks like the sauce is pretty [...]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great website...

    [...]we like to honor many other internet sites on the web, even if they aren’t linked to us, by linking to them. Under are some webpages worth checking out[...]…...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Recent Blogroll Additions…...

    [...]usually posts some very interesting stuff like this. If you’re new to this site[...]…...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Check this out...

    [...] that is the end of this article. Here you’ll find some sites that we think you’ll appreciate, just click the links over[...]…...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great website...

    [...]we like to honor many other internet sites on the web, even if they aren’t linked to us, by linking to them. Under are some webpages worth checking out[...]…...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Websites worth visiting...

    [...]here are some links to sites that we link to because we think they are worth visiting[...]…...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Links Trackback...

    [...]Sites of interest we have a link to[...]…...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blogs ou should be reading...

    [...]Here is a Great Blog You Might Find Interesting that we Encourage You[...]…...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome website...

    [...]the time to read or visit the content or sites we have linked to below the[...]…...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool sites...

    [...]we came across a cool site that you might enjoy. Take a look if you want[...]…...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Recommeneded websites...

    [...]Here are some of the sites we recommend for our visitors[...]…...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Related…...

    [...]just beneath, are numerous totally not related sites to ours, however, they are surely worth going over[...]…...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Online Article…...

    [...]Hi, I didn't mean to hijack you post. I just wanted some information on this valet parking company. Has anyone heard of them? Preferred Parking Systems.4205 Seneca Avenue, Chattanooga, TN 37409, (423) 218-9383[...]…...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Websites you should visit...

    [...]Hi, I didn't mean to hijack you post. I just wanted some information on this valet parking company. Has anyone heard of them? Class A Parking 860 Johnson Ferry Road #140, Atlanta, GA 30342 (770) 927-7517[...]…...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Atlanta Web DesignApril 21, 2012 at 7:45 AM

    Websites you should visit...

    [...]Hi. I didn't mean to take over your post. I just wanted some information on this web design company in Atlanta. Has anyone heard of them? Aftershock Web Design - 860 Johnson Ferry Road #140, Atlanta, GA 30342 (770) 927-7517[...]…...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Websites we think you should visit...

    [...]although websites we backlink to below are considerably not related to ours, we feel they are actually worth a go through, so have a look[...]…...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Online Article…...

    [...]The information mentioned in the article are some of the best available [...]…...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Visitor recommendations...

    [...]one of our visitors recently recommended the following website[...]…...

    ReplyDelete
  20. […] For my version, I used chicken breast to keep it a bit healthier, and I have even found a fellow blogger that used lamb – so it looks like the sauce is pretty […]

    ReplyDelete