My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, please visit http://www.cuddlesandcrumbs.com and update your bookmarks.

Pages

May 10, 2011

Searching for Pandan

0513 update


I found Pandan! well I didn't buy it but a friend gave me her stash :) She bought the leaves at Karama Fish Market.


***
This is my final work week to finish a Girly Cake for my friend. And in between finishing the cake I have strong craving for Buko (Coconut) Pandan dessert and Ube Cake. 


Pandan is one leaf that's hard to get by here in Dubai. Oh so please help me find one :) or a whole plant! and I promise to share my produce.


10 comments:

  1. hi there! thanks for visiting my blog. Someone told me you can find it in Choithram in Al Wasl. Di pa ako nakapunta ng uae kaya di ko talaga alam sabi lang ng mga kakilala ko.check mo na lang po. tc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Panalo! a reply from a non UAE resident :) medyo malayo from our place but I'll ask C to visit the place after his work. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. did you try this place on Sandy's website: http://gingerandscotch.com/2008/05/asian-grocery-stores-in-dubai.html


    also, i read on a forum that you could get them at the Spinney's in Springs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @54b1f2c48d0fabd2b3cbd8dfc52a3cb2 Thanks Arva. I've listed the stores mentioned for a weekend visit. A friend also mentioned that Lemon Grass have plants. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's sold at the Thai supermarket in Karama for 3 dhs per bag - not sure how much is in a bag though. Give them a call before heading out there to make sure it is in stock..

    ReplyDelete
  6. glad you got your pandan! FYI: was at Sunflower in karama today and they definitely had Pandan and also saw some in LuLu's MOE by the bean sprouts and baby carrots

    ReplyDelete
  7. Will try to make some cake (coconut and pandan) . thanks! 

    ReplyDelete
  8.  Hello, hopped by here :)

    I usually see pandan leaves here at Philippine Supermarket along Muraggabat Road, Deira. It's not everyday though it seems..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks! We visited 3 stores last night in our area and they didn't have any as well.  

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's sold at the Thai supermarket in Karama for 3 dhs per bag - not sure how much is in a bag though. Give them a call before heading out there to make sure it is in stock..

    ReplyDelete