My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, please visit http://www.cuddlesandcrumbs.com and update your bookmarks.

Pages

May 2, 2011

A Girly Cake Challenge

My friend G requested that I make a girly cake for her birthday, a shoe and bag cake. *gulp I got excited and scared I haven't done anything like that and I have always refused friends request to make them some cute fondant cake. Sad to say i'm not artistic not like my mom and sister, I can't for the life of me draw a straight line without a ruler. G insisted that she wants me and no one else to make the cake for her because she knows I can do it. A little voice inside me whispered "ofcourse we can do it" and so I told her to give me a day or two to decide but to not worry in case I wont be able to do the cake I have a friend who has been making fondant cakes. 


Searched the web for inspiration, tutorials, and read forums that would help and encourage me to make the cake. I told hubby C about it and he too was convincing me that I can do it and that he would help. And so I agreed. I showed G several cakes on flickr and agreed on the look.


I have exactly two weeks to practice and prepare the cake. Below is my very first purse cake and beside it the sole of a shoe. Though the cake is not perfect I am overly happy how I managed to make one which actually look like a purse (I think). 




What have been little V doing while I'm working with the cake? Well we bought him his set of crayola dough. Before I start with my work he gets to work first shaping his dough and using animal cookie cutters to make shapes. I always remind him that his dough is not a fondant and he can't eat it. About after an hour or two he declares he's finish with his work and it's time for me to do mine. He get's his stool and stand beside me while I work asking a whole lot of why and what for. (i'll take photos of him with his play dough and post it soon)

31 comments:

  1. hi there! nice one,cute..end of last year we joined a nationwide contest called FoodShowdown..ill post some of the pictures of every students who showcase their masterpieces in different categories.. keep it up..

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! this is phenomenal, you're so talented!! Congrats on being able to make this...can't believe your learned how to do this just from the web. You have some serious skills lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for making the cake, it looks great! I commend you for doing this. I myself have not worked with fondant, I'm scared LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Caroline. I'm still scared of fondant especially now that humidity is high this month. And not a lot of choices for cake decorating either only to shops sell stuff for making cakes pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing ! i would never have the courage to try something like this !! also could you please add... subscribe by email button ! i would appreciate it :D ... P.S thanx for visiting my blog !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visitor recommendations...

    [...]one of our visitors recently recommended the following website[...]…...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking around...

    While I was surfing today I noticed a great post concerning...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool sites...

    [...]we came across a cool site that you might enjoy. Take a look if you want[...]…...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool sites...

    [...]we came across a cool site that you might enjoy. Take a look if you want[...]…...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sites we Like…...

    [...] Every once in a while we choose blogs that we read. Listed below are the latest sites that we choose [...]…...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Websites you should visit...

    [...]below you’ll find the link to some sites that we think you should visit[...]…...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gems form the internet...

    [...]very few websites that happen to be detailed below, from our point of view are undoubtedly well worth checking out[...]…...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Recommeneded websites...

    [...]Here are some of the sites we recommend for our visitors[...]…...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Recent Blogroll Additions…...

    [...]usually posts some very interesting stuff like this. If you’re new to this site[...]…...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Links Trackback...

    [...]Sites of interest we have a link to[...]…...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Blogs ou should be reading...

    [...]Here is a Great Blog You Might Find Interesting that we Encourage You[...]…...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Online Article…...

    [...]The information mentioned in the article are some of the best available [...]…...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Superb website...

    [...]always a big fan of linking to bloggers that I love but don’t get a lot of link love from[...]…...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Online Article…...

    [...]The information mentioned in the article are some of the best available [...]…...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Links...

    [...]Sites of interest we have a link to[...]…...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great website...

    [...]we like to honor many other internet sites on the web, even if they aren’t linked to us, by linking to them. Under are some webpages worth checking out[...]…...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cool sites...

    [...]we came across a cool site that you might enjoy. Take a look if you want[...]…...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Links...

    [...]Sites of interest we have a link to[...]…...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Read was interesting, stay in touch…...

    [...]please visit the sites we follow, including this one, as it represents our picks from the web[...]…...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awesome website...

    [...]the time to read or visit the content or sites we have linked to below the[...]…...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awesome website...

    [...]the time to read or visit the content or sites we have linked to below the[...]…...

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great website...

    [...]we like to honor many other internet sites on the web, even if they aren’t linked to us, by linking to them. Under are some webpages worth checking out[...]…...

    ReplyDelete
  28. Awesome website...

    [...]the time to read or visit the content or sites we have linked to below the[...]…...

    ReplyDelete
  29. Online Article…...

    [...]The information mentioned in the article are some of the best available [...]…...

    ReplyDelete
  30. Websites you should visit...

    [...]below you’ll find the link to some sites that we think you should visit[...]…...

    ReplyDelete
  31. Check this out...

    [...] that is the end of this article. Here you’ll find some sites that we think you’ll appreciate, just click the links over[...]…...

    ReplyDelete